Natasha’s fascination with still and moving images began very early from her childhood. She started clicking photos as a child, made movies as a teenager. She received prestigious fellowship from The Ministry of Culture of France to study in Eastern Europe. After a stint at Hungarian Film School in Budapest and later in New York University, Natasha also began making short and Experimental films. Natasha’s photography and Experimental videos constantly seek out the mystical in nature and human nature.
Natasha's IMPULSE photo show was widely acclaimed with rave reviews from leading publications like ARTFORUM and TELEGRAPH.
Natasha's 2183 DAYS won best European Experimental Film Award and Edward Snowden Prize. Natasha won “Best Short Film Award” at the Tempere for KAAL, and “Carlo Di Palma Award for The Best Cinematography.” Sundance chose KAAL among the “Ten Best Short Films of the Year.” Her film, SPEAKING TREE, set in Kutchh, about madness and nature’s power to heal, was nominated for The Best Experimental Documentary at MIAAC New York. Boston Museum of Fine Arts hosted Art of Being show, which included her co-direction project AYURVEDA: ART OF BEING. Natasha’s photos and films have been shown at the eminent art galleries like Hermes Gallery Tokyo, Musee Guimet Paris, Freies Museum Berlin and the Experimenter Gallery Kolkatta among others.
2018. Installation. 2183 DAYS. Oceanic. Goa. India.
2017. Solo Show. Gioia Del Colle. Italy
2016. IMPULSE photo Oceanic. Goa. India
2015. European Video Arts. 2183 DAYS Madrid. Spain
2012. NIGHTSHADE à la Experimenter Gallery Kolkatta, India
2010. Musée Guimet Paris Retro SPEAKING TREE
2008. Global Art Film Festivals. Hollywood (GAFFERS)
2007. HERMES Gallery, Tokyo. SPEAKING TREE
2015. The Underground Show. by Shaheen Merali -London UK
2014. Exhibition Centre Gallery. Vienne
2013. Freies Museum, Berlin
2012. ACC Gallery, Weimar
2008. Museum of Fine Arts, Boston. SPEAKING TREE et KAAL
2006. HERMES Gallery, Tokyo. "Time in Movement" KAAL
2005. MEMORY installation video - Galerie Victor, Paris
Artist in Residence Fellowship:
2013. Isabella Gardner Museum, Boston
2012. LIQUID ROOMS - THE LABYRINTH, Guest Artist, Venice.
2018. IMPULSE (in production)
2010. NIGHTSHADE, collector's editions by Wonderworks
Awards & Nominations:
- The Night Award for the Best Video Art - 14th International Festival ZEICHEN DER NACHT Berlin Germany
- Prix Edward Snowden 2016 - Signe de Nuit Paris France
- Prix Transgressif Cinema Experimental - Bangkok Thailand
- Oaxaca Film Festival - Mexico. Guest of Honor
- Best Experimental Film 2016, Euro Film Festival, Madrid Fundacion Mundo Ciudad, Spain
- Other Movie - 5th Lugano Film Festival Switzerland
- Guest of Honor - The 14th International Festival Tucumán (Argentina) Guest of Honor
- Video Art - The 14th FESTIVAL INTERNACIONAL SIGNOS DE LA NOCHE, Quito, Ecuador.
- Guest Artist of the Year 2015 - CineWomen - Experimental Videos
- Best Film – Culture Unplugged, USA
- Nomination: Best film - MIAAC New-York, USA
- Nomination. Global Art Film Festival. Hollywood - Gaffers
- Gala World Première - International Film Festival Amsterdam
- Best Film – Tampere International Festival Finland
- Best Film Festival international du film de Capalbio, Italy
- Prix Technovision Carlo di Palma - Italy
- Prix du Public - Festival international du Film de Capalbio
- Grand Prix du Jury - Court Toujours, France
- FICE-ANEC Best Short - Court Toujours, France
- Grand Prix du Public - Rencontres cinématographiques d'Istres, France
- International Selection of Best Shorts: Sundance, USA